Friday, October 10, 2008

Loving Life in Iowa



Today was a great day. Perfect weather. Sunny. Not a cloud in the sky. Highs in the upper 70's. Danny's homeschooling group took a fieldtrip to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch and the whole family was invited to tag along. So we packed our lunch and made the 20min drive to the middle of Nowhere, IA. Four hours later (the organized tour ended after 1.5 hours, but we were having so much fun, we stayed), I packed up three tired kids, bags of apples and gourds, and the remainders of our lunch. During the day we took a hayrack ride, conquered the hay bale maze, picked our own gourds and apples, fed the goats and elk, visited the 3 little pigs' homes, watched how apples are sorted, swam in the "corn pool" (only in Iowa), jumped on the giant pillow, and raced pedal tractors. The boys favorite part was the corn pool. And my favorite part was having a great day with my kids.

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Yay! I'm so glad you finally started one!

Mindy said...

I LOVE how Caleb is holding the pumpkin in front of his face. :)

dan+amy said...

Yahoo! I'm so excited you started a blog. :) Three cheers for being able to watch the Bodin kids grow up!! Auntie A is a big fan. :)
What happened to Danny's arm? I didn't know you were homeschooling. I'd love to hear all about it when we come to Iowa next month. Eeeeeeeeee....we'll be in Ames in about 33 more sleeps. Not that I'm counting down the days or anything. ;-) Love the blog!! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world!