Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wednesday Schedule

4:00a-Feed Eliza. Put her back to bed. She's up again at 5:30a. Day starts early.

4:01a-Remember it will be 3+ days until Eric gets home. Day starts s...l....o...w.

6:45a-Start making lunches. Get kids ready for school.

8:00a-After feeding everyone else, I eat my bowl of cereal.

8:15a-Start cleaning for house showing at 4:00p.

10:00a-Decide to take a shower after Sophie tells me I stink.

11:00a-Make lunch for "the girls" and clean kitchen for final time before showing.

12:00p-Vacuum floors while holding Eliza. My left arm is almost asleep when I finish.

1:00p-Glorious nap time! I clean some more for an hour.

2:00p-My cleaning is going so well, I take a 1/2 hour nap. Whoopee!

2:30p-Up again and cleaning the bathrooms. My favorite.

3:20p-Turn on all lights in the house (I think it is a house showing thing.) Get Sophie up, shoes and jacket on. Load the van with stuff for evening activities.

3:35p-Boys get off the bus. They use the bathroom with warnings of "Don't leave drips!" ringing in their ears. Before they can make a mess, I send them to the van. I load up Eliza and we're off to the public library. (We have to go SOMEWHERE during a showing.)

3:45p-Boys play on computers.. Sophie does puzzles. I feed Eliza in a secluded corner.

4:30p-We leave for D6, stopping at McD's for icecream on the way because Daddy's out of town and we all need a pick-me-up. My kids now love me more that 15 minutes earlier. (Eric, we thought of you the whole time we ate the ice-cream.)

5:00p-D6 worship rehearsal. Ever try to dance, sing, and hold a baby? (Thanks for your help, Nicole.)

6:15p-Drop the kids off at classes and finally get to eat supper.

7:30p-D6 production. Wish I would have done a better job memorizing the lyrics.

8:15p-All kids in the car. Headed home.

8:30p-Jammies, snack, teeth, bed. In that order.

9:00p-Call and make playdate plan for tomorrow. I need some adult conversation.

9:30p-Watch an hour of "Dan in Real Life".

10:30p-Feed Eliza.

11:00p-Lights out. Remember that after tonight, there will only be two more nights until Eric comes home. Not an encouraging thought. Pray for sleep-request granted.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've been there! Hang in there girl! I am so glad Jack is past the 4am feedings! Put some more pictures up of the kids and little Eliza!

Kim for the Kings said...

Greg and I are so sorry to steal your husband for a couple nights, but it has been nice to catch up with you two a little. Love to you Holly! He'll be home soon!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Well shoot! Had I realized what was going on, I sure would have taken the kiddos home for you so you could have a little alone time after D6. Glad I could help out a little. The girls were great!

Sandy said...

Praying for you all....thanks for the recent updates...love them and you!
Give each other hugs (and gobbles) from Grandma!

Mindy said...

Holly, I had no idea you had a blog! Found you through Nicole's. (i have one too, but it hasn't made it to nicole's list- I'm whisper typing)
You can always hang at our house. Don't hesitate to call, really.