Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Birthday Month

March is birthday month. Three of my four kids have birthdays in March. I've baked four, that's right, FOUR cakes in the last four days. Three of them in the last 24 hours. Because when your kids attend public school, they want to take birthday cupcakes to school. And of course you must have the special birthday cake at home. I've still got one birthday to go and I'm wiped out!

And why, oh why, doesn't anyone else in my family like leftover cake? I'm daily repeating my baby-weight loss motto (thanks, Heidi!) "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips." Or the more positive version, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." It doesn't seem to be working. I've eaten more than my share of cake. :) It is starting to look gross.

The good news of the past couple of weeks? Eliza is starting to sleep through the night. Not consistently, but enough to please her mama. Oh, glorious sleep!

1 comment:

Sharie said...

We have 3 Decemberdays: mine, Carrie's and JESUS'~~ plus all the other goodies! A good time to share the sweets!! March was a very productive month for you!