Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trick or Treat

My little lion...


(She said a sweet 'thank you' to every person who gave her candy.)




a lovely Cinderella...


(The dress had a tear which I fixed with duct tape and a hot glue gun. You couldn't even tell-the duct tape was on the inside. Perfect! I think this dress was passed down to us by a certain Stephanie Z. Thank you!)




a scary ghost....


(He's been planning this costume for months. I made it from a $3 sheet from Walmart.)




and a (last minute) Harry Potter.


(He was going to be a Jedi, but decided at 6:30p the night before he'd like to be Harry Potter. We had a black wig that I trimmed a little. I made round, black glasses rims out of scrapbooking paper and taped them to the existing rims of his old glasses. He wore an old oxford shirt of mine, a "sweater vest" I sewed out of an old gray t-shirt of Eric's embellished with a printed Hogwarts crest, his Jedi robe as his cloak, and a clip on tie Eric had from a skit he did once. A stick from the backyard completed the costume. Not bad, eh? I love a good craft challenge.)



This is the holiday when it PAYS to have four kids. We raked in a sweet haul. :)











4 comments:

Christy said...

Nice job, Holly! They are all adorable!!

Hollie said...

Love the costumes! Callie would be very jealous of that Cinderella costume, she thinks every princess is Cinderella:) Good job Holly! We miss you guys!

Sandy said...

Soooo cute! Love you all!
Thanks for sharing....cute pictures and quotes make me smile and sometimes laugh right out loud!

Sharie said...

Wish they could've stopped by our home for some candy! Adorable kids in cute costumes! Thanks for sharing.