Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm Glad I Have a Daughter

I'm really glad I have a daughter. Yes, girls can often be more difficult than boys, but she also does things that the boys never thought of doing. And she mimicks ME instead of Eric. Scary thought, but also very entertaining. :) Sophia "changes" diapers on her babies, LIKES to clear her plate after supper, dusts the living room with a wet wipe, and will mother anyone who lets themselves be mothered. She also LOVES make-up, shoes, purses, and jewelry. Hey, no one will accuse me of not teaching my daughter the value of accessorizing!

Here's Sophia feeding her baby some of her morning oatmeal and milk.


And, since baby #4 is coming, I decided I needed a few months of no diapers, so I'm potty training Sophie. This is week two and she actually is doing pretty well. No accidents for a couple of days, she just holds it FOREVER! It is taking longer than with the boys, but she isn't even two yet, so what can I expect!? I know this summer I'll be glad I took the time to do it. Here she is on her little potty. Notice the two babies on the floor around her. They keep her company when she is sitting.


And finally, a video of Sophia mothering Caleb. The video is kind of dark, but she is laying on the couch with Caleb laying on her shoulder, covered with a blanket. Wait for the end, she gives him an adorable kiss "goodnight". This is the first time I've posted a video, so hopefully it works! Less than a month until I leave for a week's vacation visiting my sister in Florida! Whoo-hoo!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Way too precious!!! I, too, am glad that you have a girl Holly. If God has chosen to give you another one, well, that would be just wonderful!
Thank you so much for sharing those fantastic pictures and video - they made my day!
Love,
Grandma Sandy

Sharie said...

Viva la difference!! Love the pics and video. My initial response was "sooo precious", but then I saw Sandy's post, so I had to say something different. Can't wait to see the uniqueness of #4 that God has created. Love, Aunt/Great Aunt Sharie

Hollie said...

So cute, I hope we get to experience a girl around here:)

David and Marianne said...

Hi Holly, I'm pretty sure we've never met despite how good of friends our husbands were in their younger days. Eric sent us a Christmas letter and I've visited your blog a couple times since and have been amused by how our families are very similar(you even have a son named Caleb). Anyway, I'm glad I have a daughter x 2 also for so many of the same reasons. Congratulations on #4 and blessings from both David and me!

Mindy said...

Holly, I'm a little embarrassed to say that my first thought was also, "how precious!" but even though Mom and Aunt Sharie said the same thing, I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss her!! I can't wait to munch on her cheeks tomorrow! Are you sure I can't take her to California with us? I promise I'd take good care of her!