Friday, December 16, 2011




I am really looking forward to this weekend. This afternoon (because some good friends are loving us by watching the kids) we are leaving to go see Cornerstone's dinner theatre production. Which means I get to see some of my favorite people in the world. Always a treat! And I get to see a great show, which is also a treat!

Sunday Eric and I celebrate 13 years of marriage. Wow! That seems like such a long time.... :) I always say I didn't know how great of a choice I was making when I told Eric I'd marry him. It's true. I couldn't ask for a better husband. But our anniversary means I get another 24 hours sans kids. Nice. (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

On my reading list for the next week: The Strong-Willed Child and Have a New Kid by Friday. That should give you an indication of how parenting has been going lately. You'd think by the fourth we'd have it down, but no. I guess so far our kids have been pretty responsive to our discipline. Not Eliza. She is giving me a run for my money. I've been in tears twice in the last week. Twice this week bedtime took an hour because of her attitude. When we are being nice we call her "determined," "persistant," and "vocal." I could think of other words....

So yeah, I need this weekend. :)

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Hope you enjoy your weekend.
My number 4 is pretty similar. He does not like the word no, unless he is saying it.

Sandy said...

13 years ago tonight was a fairy tale wedding with a most beautiful bride and handsome groom - you both have blessed many! Happy Anniversary and many many more! (And Eliza will be fine - all her Grandmas know so!)