Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Official!

Eric has a new job teaching ESL at the university! He starts August 3.

Our house should (I say "should" because past experience has taught us it ain't over 'till it's over.) close on July 21st.

We are moving! The last Sunday at our church for the kids and me will be this weekend. Eric won't finish work here until the end of July. I have no idea how to say goodbye to the friends who have become family over the past 15 years.

I love our city. I love our church. I love our friends. I'm nervous about what is to come.

Walking by faith.....

Trusting He'll provide......

If I don't get to say goodbye to some of you, know that I love you and expect you to come visit!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLLY!! This is great! I've been praying for you guys about this! And to think that Eric will be doing a job that he loves! God has provided abundantly for your family. Miss you guys tons!

AP said...

It has been fun to hear the stories of families moving to IC. While I'm sad to see you go (and will miss Captain Jack at D:6) I know that the new Cornerstone will benefit from having you guys as a part of it! God will provide, has provided. It's great news about both the job and the house - and in time to get settled before school and the students come back!

We'll be keeping track of how things go and will be praying for the IC folks. Do you know the song Take My Hand and Walk by Kry? I think that fits here!! :)

Anne P

Hollie said...

Such great news! Praying for you as you adjust to life in a new place but so excited for all the people who will come to know God because of your families talents. We will miss you lots but my brother lives in North Liberty so maybe we will have to visit more often:)

Sharie said...

Praise God for His perfect answer in His perfect timing and for your waiting in faith until He showed you the next step....

Kim for the Kings said...

Oh what great news! I'm so happy for you all! Praise God! (This wasn't a lead from the Boston trip, was it?)