Thursday, October 15, 2009

The transition to 4

I'm seriously wondering what it is that I did all day when I only had three kids. Life is VERY full right now. In a good way. We're taking things one day at a time and that is working.

The beginning of this week was a serious challenge for me and Eliza. On Sunday night she decided to stop nursing. And she didn't nurse all day Monday and part of the day Tuesday. I then went to see a consultant (an angel in disguise) named Val who helped get us back on track. Turns out I was using a pacifier that was making Eliza lazy and so she didn't want to work to eat. Who knew? After a couple of days of using some "equipment" to help get Eliza back on track, she is now almost completely back to nursing normally. And I can't tell you how happy I am! Thank you, Lord!

I know some of you are asking for more pictures. I'll see if we can get some up this weekend. Eliza's two week appointment is today. She is a beautiful gift.

4 comments:

Christy said...

i am SO thankful to hear she's doing better! i've been thinking of you often and praying she'd eat like a champ, and that you'd be able to ditch the 'equipment' as soon as possible. :)

Hollie said...

I'm glad she is doing better with nursing. I've been thinking about you guys. Praying things continue to go well and normalize around your house:)

Sandy said...

Sorry you had a tough start to the week but glad things are better now. Isn't it amazing how kids never run out of things to teach us!

Praying and love to you all,
Grandma Sandy

The Massons said...

was it the soothie bramd? had the same problem!! and you are so right-val is an angel in disquise :)